Re: [dvd-discuss] DoS attack on RIAA webstie

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 04:05 pm, you wrote:
> Well...we've already got JackValenti and the Internet Jackboots...next
> there can be RIAA Internet Posse....

I think this is what they are shoot'n for.  (ack... bad pun.) They want to be
judge, jury, and executioner. I think (hope) any judge would throw this out
as unconstutional because it violates due process. If it passes it will at
least give them a window of opportunity to whack a few websites before they
get sued. What the mainstream press says might get interesting if the RIAA
whacks a "pirate"  and takes a chunk out of AOL/Time Warners' network at the
same time. They need to watch out who they make mad, the script kiddies are
one thing, I'd hate to know I had a few pros after me.

What do you want bet that these attacks get labeled as "terrorism".

Ronald