Re: [dvd-discuss] Eldred Amicus

Consider this....when someone publishes any work, they are required to
affix a notice or the work enters the public domain immediately. They must
send the LOC a copy with a small fee and some paperwork to register it.
And the really neat part of this is that anybody who picks up the book at
any time can read the notice add a fixed time to it and determine when the
copyright expires. How about that? Three things to do and one can figure
out when things enter the public domain by using simple arithmetic. Now is
that a simple effective system or what?

Ernest Miller <ernest.miller@aya.yale.edu>
05/29/2002 03:43 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss