[dvd-discuss] dvd-discuss] Harlen Ellison and the DMCA...

The judgment is at

http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/CACD/RecentPubOp.nsf/bb61c530eab0911c882567cf005ac6
f9/47819ca5ada002af88256b7c006a4494?OpenDocument

It makes interesting reading. The judge had to go back the the legislative
history to interpret the DMCA. I realize that there is a school of law that
believes that laws must be interpreted by congressional intent rather than the
words themselves but how should the rest of us interpret them? I'd say  if you
a judge has to go to the history to figure out what the law says, then that
should be a valid defense against high damages if any.