Re: [dvd-discuss] Court-sanctioned spying on users

After reading about the judge that ordered AOL to remove a media player
from AOL 6.0 installations via the "upgrade" and this one, I can see that
some Judges need to be reeducated about the Constitution which is designed
to prevent such mischief. What this one seems to miss is that even if they
DO collect all this information, they didn't have it before and so it
cannot be used to inflate damages even if there is so much infringement
that the judge drops dead from a heart attack because he's never seen so
muchintellectual property raped pillaged and plundered.

Scott A Crosby <crosby@qwes.math.cmu.edu>
05/03/02 12:49 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss