RE: [dvd-discuss] Eric Flint prime palaver #6 on Copyright

Compare this to an article today on MSN.COM about how pirates
are to blame for a dip on last year's CD sales?

http://www.bcentral.com/articles/isyndicate/tech/3cbc0ef9.33fe.1.asp?cobrand
=msn

Could it be that "soft" market that Eric Flint was talking about?
The downturn in the economy maybe having people spending less on
luxuries such as new CDs?  Could it be a backlash reaction to the
music industry's stance on the traders (which admittedly _were_
in violation of copyright laws, but perhaps the industry could
have attempted to work with them instead of against them) and
the recent attempts to introduce copy protected CDs?

All the industry can show is a dip in sales.  There is _no_ way
they can make a cause-and-affect analysis that specifically fingers
pirates in the face of all of the other potential factors.

Actually, given Eric's data and the timings ... I would have to
say that the most likely explanation for the dip is the removal
of "free samples" from the market ...

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!