Re: [dvd-discuss] The Consumer Technology Bill of Rights

In some ways the consumer bill of rights can be summarized as following

Any copy that you legally acquires becomes your personal property and you
may do with it as you wish as long as you do not sell or make available to
the public duplicate copies without approval of the copyright holder. C

Copyright holders may put no restrictions on the usage.
ANd that includes DeCSS. If someone uses DeCSS on their own DVDs that
legal. Use it as part of commercial piracy, and the piracy is illegal.

"Dean Sanchez" <DSanchez@fcci-group.com>
03/18/02 06:18 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss