RE: [dvd-discuss] Blizzard / Battlenet FAQ

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Richard Hartman wrote:

> [...]

I'm not sure if this is an old email, or not (it seem vaguely familiar).

The battlenet clones offered to implement CD-authentication, only to have
blizzard refuse to co-operate.  So, it would seem that if bnetd is a
circumvention device, it is so only because reverse engineering the
CD authentication would be illegal under the DMCA and blizzard did not
provide any other means of implementing it.

______         _ __                          Military Intelligence
  /           ' )  )        -KC0LQL-         Honest Politician
 / o ______    /  / _  . .                   Intellectual Property
/ <_/ / / <   /  (_</_(_/_  -- tneu@visi.com / http://www.visi.com/~tneu --