Re: [dvd-discuss] 2001 Best year ever for movies

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 10:21:48AM -0800, Michael A Rolenz wrote:
>> nah, you don't think movie-mafia enough: "since we count piracy in % of
>> the gross, this just means that we have also lost more money to piracy
>> than ever before! police! marines! help us!"
>
> Yep....creative accountancy Hollywierd style.

no, they just do a good job in PR. and they understand their clients
(i.e. journalists) - after the initial story is a run, a journalist
needs a new angle or new info.
I bet that at a convenient time in the near future (like shortly before
the next congress hearing on SCSSA or whatever it's called) there will
be stories about "movie industry record losses to piracy".

I'm not passing judgement here, even if it sounds like it above. I just
say they're doing a good PR job in the same non-judgemental tone that I
would use to say that whoever attacked the WTC did a good job.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>