RE: [dvd-discuss] Slightly OT - Japanese copyrights

Read that law again.  It is not merely a statement against
distributing an altered/enhanced version of the work.  It
specifically retains the right to make translations, so if
your inserted frames were translations of the movie it would
violate that law.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!