RE: [dvd-discuss] DCMA Criticism in SIAM News

... or: when knives are outlawed, only outlaws will have knives.

That was a poor slogan for the handgun rights people, because
it is the verbal equivilant of that picture that can be either
a vase or two people's faces.  Looked properly it is a strong
indictment of the law makers who try to take the "easy" way out,
looked at the other way it is merely a trueism.  Unfortunately
I believe that many people only saw the vase, not the faces ...

(I know it sounds like I'm getting off topic here, but I'm really
not trying to revive the gun (or tobacco) debates here, but rather
trying to point out similarities in the fights and hoping that we
can learn from the misteaks of others.)

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!