Re: [dvd-discuss] Sklyarov Motion to Dismiss Indictment

An EXCELLENT point!

Since the work is in the public domain, either there is NO copyright
holder or everybody that is and will ever be alive is the copyright
holder. In either case, access is authorized.

 It's fatally flawed because the copyright holder authorizes but it is
the publisher that creates and controls the TPM. In many
instances, publishers only get the right of first publication but not
anthology <exercise for the alert reader many short stories are
reprinted dozens of times but copyright is not from date of
publication of the book>. . Could get interesting with different
publishers controlling different TPMs ..or Imagine what would
happen if a best selling author put in his will that upon his death
ALL works enter the public domain (and he is killed tomorrow).