Re: [dvd-discuss]YAATEA-Yet Another Anti-Term Extension Argument

Good points. I think that there are multiple sides to their greed.
Destruction of the public domain keeps them in control (e.g.,
Mickey Mouse). Keeping the oldies but goodies not only provides
them with steady revenues (e.g., $500,000/yr to Gershwin's heirs),
BUT also keeps these works that people DO want out of the public
domain. Right now the internet is clammering for content but where
is it? Still locked up in copyright term extensions and soon to be
locked behind TPMs. Keeping public domain material off the
internet also means that they have more time to perfect their
mischief.