Re: [dvd-discuss] Ramblings on DVDCCA appeal from M.Rolenz

<DA>
Digital formats are superior to analog formats. If we can't safely release our works
in digital format, then the lawmakers have failed to promote progress.
</DA>

The lawmakers are forced, in a sense, to make it 'safe' for digital formats to be
released. They look to the availability of digital works on the internet, for example,
as evidence of progress. The content industry is obviously reluctant to release in
open digital formats, so, in their minds, the mandate to promote progress hasn't been
met.

I don't think that internet availability is a good measure of progress, but that seems
to be the message.

mickeym