Re: [dvd-discuss] Photocopying machine parts...

Krytrons have always been the poster child for dual-use technology
export controls. They have important civilian uses, but are
considered critical for building nuclear weapons. Nukes depend on the
simultaneous detonation of a number of conventional explosive charges
surrounding a fissionable material core, so a device that can switch
on detonator power quickly and precisely is essential.  You can find
out more about export controls at http://www.bxa.doc.gov/

Arnold Reinhold