Re: [dvd-discuss] Ramblings on DVDCCA appeal from M.Rolenz

On Saturday 22 December 2001 15:54, James S. Tyre wrote:
# >2. Unlicensed players. They make much about unlicensed players yet the
# >supreme court has dealt this this argument before in 1917 (universal films?).

Perhaps someone could correct me on this, but didn't the USSC rule
that the attempt to tie "licensed players" to copyrighted material
constituted copyright abuse?

If so, I would think that all the pieces are in place to hang the DVDCCA
by their own sworn pleadings -- no remaining issues of fact to determine,
just questions of settled law.

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <dcs@lumbercartel.com> ----------+