Re: [dvd-discuss] The 2nd Front

Hi,
    An excellent proposal I think. The only part I would quibble with is at
the very end: "... archive, or resell the work." I would change this to
"... archive, or resell that copy of the work." I believe that this would
help defuse the inevitable hue and cry from the publishing industry.

	Cheers,
	Bruce.

On 2001.12.16 18:52 Jim Bauer wrote:
> There has been a lot of effort expended on fighting
> the DMCA in court.  Unfortunately, success has been rather,
> uh, uh, limited.  But I haven't seen much on fighting this
> battle from the other end.  i.e. getting the law itself
> re-written.  I don't pretend to think this will be easy,
> but every little bit helps.  Here are the steps as I see them.
>
> 1) Outline problems with current law.  Much of this has been done.
> 2) Come up with changes that would improve things.
> 3) Find a sympathetic senator and representative.
> 4) Propose the changes to them.

	[ snippage ]