Re: [dvd-discuss] Dmitry Sklyarov freed

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 05:09:18PM -0500, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> Seth David Schoen writes:
>  > Planet PDF and AP are reporting (Planet PDF has a complete press
>  > release) that the charges against Dmitry Sklyarov have been dropped
>  > and he will be allowed to return home to Russia.
>
> Charges against Elcomsoft have not been dropped (and a condition on
> the deal for Dmitry was that he testify at the trial of the company).

What compels him to abide by that agreement once he's back in Russia?

--
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/DeCSS/

"DVDCCA's statutory right to protect its economically valuable trade secret
is not an interest that is 'more fundamental' than the First Amendment right
to freedom of speech [...] Accordingly, we are compelled to reverse the
preliminary injunction." (California Appeals Court)