Re: [dvd-discuss] Vartuli and the digital crowbar

On 12/08/01 at 23:24, 'twas brillig and D. C. Sessions scrobe:
> On Thursday 06 December 2001 13:12, you wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 02:56:55PM -0500, Ole Craig wrote:
> > > 	Not that I'm aware of it, no. (Moreover, despite a
> > > predilection for science affliction in my choice of leisure reading,
> > > I'm not that familiar with his work.) Perhaps you could elucidate?
> >
> > It's not his work as such. He once sent a decomposing headless gopher to a
> > publisher who'd printed one of his storieswithout paying him and is somewhat
> > infamous for being involved in such incidents when people get on the wrong
> > side of him.
>
> Yes, but he's most famous for being the recipient of the most memorable
> four-word shutdown in the history of hopeless elevator seduction.

	Still, not an image I'd like people to associate with me.

	(I've never tried to seduce an elevator. Any resultant
tomfoolery would surely have too many ups & downs for my peace of
mind.)

		Ole
(who wooed his wife the old-fashioned way -- one step at a time! :-)
--
Ole Craig * olc@cs.umass.edu * UNIX; postmaster, news, web; SGI martyr *
CS Computing Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/> for public key

perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'