Re: [dvd-discuss] Content neutral?

"D. C. Sessions" wrote:

> Maybe someone can help me here.  I have in my hand a
> piece of paper printed with text.  I wish to place this text
> on the Web.  According to the 2nd Circuit, an injunction
> against my placing this text on the Web is content-neutral.
>
> Does this mean that it doesn't matter what is on that piece
> of paper?

Great question.  How can an injuction claim to be neutral the content of
that paper determines it's postability.  If that paper contains a od -h
of decss.exe (and you type it in using a hew editor it's illegal.  If if
it's a copy of the constitution (or nearly anything else) it is not.  So
here we have content-neutral regulation based on the content of the
text....

.002