Re: [dvd-discuss] Will there be an appeal?

Jim,

pratical question.  Given the decision of the lower court, what is to
stop the RIAA et. al. from praticing "lawsuitus interuptus" where they
always pull out at the last minute and leave the defendendant with no
cause, but having missed their publication windows, and having incurred
substantial legal costs.

Can it be true that the deepest pocket can practice legal "assault, but
never battery" with impugnity?

Clearly Adobe has gotten away with this in Sklyarov -- wringing their
hands publically, but having no apparent liabilty for the imprisoning of
a foreign national.

Where are the checks and balances here?

.002