Re: [dvd-discuss] The Touretsky and Shamos debate at CMU.

The courts don't realize the slippery slope they are on. By making
a distinction between expressive and functional speech then ANY
expression that is precise and unambiguous becomes functional
under the courts definition and subject to censorship.  The counter
argument that "well we don't ban vague poetry or literature"
demonstrates that such censorship is not content neutral and
directed against those who can and do express themselves
precisely.

BTW What's more, taking the logic in the Felton case, Kaplan
should have dismissed the 2600 suit because it was premature and
spectulative.