Re: [dvd-discuss] MovieMask - I'm sure the lawsuit is on itsway

While I don't believe that anything can be gained by the destruction of
art, unique works of art also tend to have large prices so unless someone
just decided to buy art and deface it, it would not be much of an issue.
Now...does this art apply to any of the artwork that the majority of
artists create? I doubt it. The matter would be too small for anyone to
notice much less the courts. But look also at the requirement limited to a
print run of 200. Defacing print #200 still leaves 199 prints around.
While well intentioned, I'm skeptical of the enforcement, purpose, of this
law.)

(BTW- The Cleveland Art Institiute had one of three casting of Rodin's THe
Thinker. In the 70s someone exploded a bomb at its base which blew open
and deformed themetal. I'm not really certain how this law would prevent
or even punish the perpertrator)

"Jeremy A Erwin" <jerwin@gmu.edu>
11/15/01 03:55 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss