Re: [dvd-discuss] MovieMask - I'm sure the lawsuit is on itsway

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 11:59:05AM -0500, Dean Sanchez wrote:
> This may actually come under a different category.  I'm not sure if it
> is a state (FL) or federal item, but artists have gotten either a law or
> regulation passed that essentially states that the work must be display
> as they created it.  This was a issue in my city because the city had
> commissioned some artwork for a park.  It's been a couple of years, but
> I think it was a memory walk.  Because it was in a high traffic area, it
> required constant maintenance.  The city wanted to move it, but the
> artist successfully sued preventing the move and forcing the city to
> continue the maintenance.

this may be a part of copyright law. as posted by me some time back,
in germany law, the integrity of the work is specifically listed as one
of the rights of the copyright holder.

--
pub  1024D/D88D35A6 2001-11-14 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>
     Key fingerprint = 276B B7BB E4D8 FCCE DB8F  F965 310B 811A D88D 35A6