RE: [dvd-discuss] close to the proverbial bone

Ok ... how about a hypothetical running in a different direction ...

I write a virus.  The main portion of it is encrypted (except
for the self-decryptor).  As it operates it decrypts it's payload,
executes & deletes all unencrypted portions again.

So ... would the anti-virus makers be liable under the DMCA
for bypassing my access protection mechanism in order to create
a utility to clean up after my virus?

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!