Re: [dvd-discuss] Bunner wins DeCSS trade secret appeal

Noah silva writes:

: Also, MPEG is data, I'm sorry, but it isn't a computer "program" in any
: form of the word I know.  It's data interpreted by a program.

1. Read the definition of ``computer program'' in the Copyright Act, which pretty
clearly includes data ("statements") as well as instructions.

2. Can you give an example of any computer program that is not, when it is run,
data that is interpreted by (another) computer program?

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger@samsara.law.cwru.edu    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu