RE: [dvd-discuss] Interesting 1st sale-shrinkwrap-EULA-(c) infringementcase

The license on GPL (for example) is slightly different -- it doesn't
cover use, but redistribution. These are rights granted to the
copyright holder and so are open to negotiation. It's not a software
license as much as a publishing license. The GPL consists of 3 sections,
the preamble, "TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION, AND
MODIFICATION", and a how to apply this to your creation. It makes
no statement about use.

-Charles Ballowe