Re: [dvd-discuss] AVRA sues Warner Home Video

Seriously, though.. a strictly movie DVD is (IMO) not a program, it is a
huge encrypted data file.

Of course a DVD can have programs on it too...

Or it can have both (like this one with the virus recently).

Asking if a DVD is a program is asking if a CD is a program.
A Video CD or an Audio CD I would say isn't, just as a CD full of text
files or mpeg movies.
A CD with EXE files, etc., cintains programs (it still isn't a program).

the hairyness comes when.. it's got word docs, but they have macros,
it's got HTML .. with javascript, etc.

 -- noah silva