Re: [dvd-discuss] Ani Rocks. [tangential]

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Ole Craig wrote:

> Righteous Babe Records logo:
>
> (C) 1999 righteous babe music/bmi
> unauthorized duplication, while sometimes necessary, is never as good
> as the real thing.
> all rights reserved. made in the u.s.a.
>
> 	Ani rocks.

Indeed.

The Folk and Indie scenes are a lot more in touch with their audience than the
major labels.  For instance, Mike Agranoff [ http://www.MikeAgranoff.com/ ]
has in his CD "...or would you rather get a job?", the following:

(C) 2001 Mike Agranoff.  All rights reserved
Unauthorized duplication of this recording is illegal and unethical.  BUT it's
awfully convenient, and some of you are going to do it anyway.  So here's how
to make it right: If you want to dupe a song to learn it, show it to a friend,
or put it in a compilation tape, be my guest.  If you are going to dupe the
whole album, send me a check for $4.00, which is a fair license fee, I think.
Make the check out to me, and sent it to the address below.  And I'll send you
a copy of the CD booklet.  Better still, just buy a copy of your own.  Send me
a check for $17 post paid.