Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, D. C. Sessions wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 October 2001 14:15, Jeme A Brelin <jeme@brelin.net> wrote:
> > But that ISP should be required to offer unfiltered mail as well and that
> > should be the default configuration, lest the ignorant get screwed.
>
> *Required?*

Yes, required.

> As it happens, I have done exactly the opposite: chosen a mail handler
> who blocks very aggressively, because once the traffic hits my inbox
> some of the most effective methods don't work any more.

What methods are those?

> I worked hard to find my ISP, and you're telling me that I shouldn't
> be allowed to have that choice?

Not at all.  You'll note that I wrote (quoted above) "should be required
to offer unfiltered mail as well", meaning "as well as filtered mail".

I think filtering should be opt-in for each and every ISP.

It's just a matter of removing a gateway to abuse consolidated power.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin