Re: [dvd-discuss] More on MAPS & Blacklisting

On Monday 22 October 2001 13:01, you wrote:
> http://www.dmnews.com/cgi-bin/artprevbot.cgi?article_id=17493
>
> Evidently, MAPS will blacklist you if you offer mailing lists that are not
> "fully verified opt-in", enforced by sending a confirmation to the address.
>
> Experian eMarketing operates a service which offers such unverified "direct
> marketing". Evidently, they sued MAPS who, oddly, put their tail between their
> legs and settled with them and agreed to remove them off of their list.

Simply put, MAPS ran out of money.  They'd apparently run through
over a megabuck and no end in sight, so they cut their losses.  Too
bad they didn't call it a SLAPP, though.

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <dcs@lumbercartel.com> ----------+