Re: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Rik van Riel wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Bryan Taylor wrote:
>
>> "Email is protected speech. There is a fundamental free speech right
>> to be able to send and receive messages, regardless of medium. Unless
>> that right is being abused by a particular individual, that individual
>> must not be restricted.
>
>Now wait a moment ... I agree that spammers have the right
>to free speech in public places, but you have to remember
>that my mailbox is private space, not public space.
>
>If I were to walk into the EFF offices and put on loud music,
>I'm sure they'd also ask me to take the music elsewhere so
>they could do some work ;)

Yes, but would they hire a pseudo-governmental entity to arbitrarily tell
people who're playing ANY music at all to shut it off, just because
someone's used that boom box before to play loud music?

--
Be Careful! I have a black belt in sna-fu!

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu