Re: Re[2]: [dvd-discuss] EFF opposes blacklisting spammers

That's essentually the USPS's third class mail business model.  They pay
to mail the junk to me that I typically throw out (but not all of it). The
amount that they can pay determines how much they can send but also
requires them to target their audience. As Richard pointed out, the
problem is that right now SPAM is a free lunch. What's sad is that the
congresscritters keep trying to put new laws in place rather than making a
minor change and letting the market place do it. Rather than taxing
internet access (the law on that just expired I believe) they may want to
go tax COMMERCIAL access or charge for it.

Tom <tom@lemuria.org>
10/19/01 10:55 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss