RE: [dvd-discuss] Hang the RIAA in their own noose.

Tom, we essentially agree.

Others were saying "it's my private information that I am
making available only to me".  I think the original example
was an FTP server and I said that if it had "anonymous" or
"guest" accounts, then permission for access was implicit.
Then I went on to discuss the web servers.  Of course
challenge/response is a perfectly valid way to show intent.
The main thing is that if you _don't_ attempt to deny access
in some way, if you just set the server up on the standard
ports and have no challenge/response system in place, then
essentially you can be assumed to have granted permission
for access.

186,000 mi./sec ... not just a good idea, it's the LAW!