Re: [dvd-discuss] More news from the EFF on slashdot

--- Tim Neu <tim@tneu.visi.com> wrote:

> http://www.eff.org/Legal/Cases/Felten_v_RIAA/20010925_doj_mtd_memo.pdf

My favorite part is:

"2. Plaintiffs' Claim Does Not Admit of Conclusive Relief, As The Applicability
of the DMCA to Their Conduct Is Contingent on The Precise Papers They Intend to
Publish, Which Plaintiffs Have Not Yet Articulated."

Is this not the very definition of content based regulation? In one court we
are told we don't have to look at the content and in another we are told we do!