Re: [dvd-discuss] Hackers = terrorists, an analysis

Rather chilling...If there are striking parallels then it indicates
perhaps we, (society, politicians, legal system) are wasting too much time
on "intellectual property" and would be better suited spending energies
elsewhere.

That article was rather offensive, although I doubt the author intended it
to be - comparing if not equating the death of individuals and destruction
of personal property to infringment of intellectual property. THere is a
considerable difference between the two. I haven't heard of anybody
willing to die to preserve intellectual property from infringment. Maybe
our laws should rediscover that fact that I'm certain was well understood
100yrs ago.

"Chris Moseng" <underwhelm_org@hotmail.com>
09/26/01 01:01 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss