Re: [dvd-discuss] The Checks and Ballances are in the mail

You hit upon something I was pondering over the weekend-the right to a
speedy trial. Not just in criminal cases but civil as well. Our legal
system seems to have lost sight of the fact that people are not made of
infinite amounts of money, time or patience to straighten out these
messes.

MPAA spent $4.5M in the Eric Corley case. That's more than any possible
damages even indirectly attributable to him. Look at the Felton case. NO
damages and if the Federal Judge doesn't brand the RIAA attorneys with a
scarlet "FA" on their forheads he's clearly more patient than I -)

Jim Bauer <jfbauer@home.com>
09/23/01 11:35 AM
Please respond to dvd-discuss