Re: [dvd-discuss] Rage Against the Machine [OT]

Well that got me curious, so I went to the RATM site at
http://www.ratm.com and found this "
==============================
Our deepest sympathy and condolences go out to all the people and their families
affected by the attacks on
 Tuesday. The loss of innocent life is just terrible, and our thoughts go out to
all of you who personally may have
 had friends or family killed or injured in the tragedy. The pain felt across
the country demonstrates the lesson of
 Tuesday's events: that the taking of innocent life is devastating to a society
and terribly wrong.

   On Tuesday, the victims were American. But the horrible scenes that we've
witnessed on TV this week are regular
 occurrences in other places around the globe. And too often, violence like this
has been meted out by our own
 country and its client states. We should stand together against this type of
violence in all its forms, whenever it
 happens, whether its done in the name of religious fanaticism, or in the names
of our own domestic elite.

 Our best wishes go out to all of you. Take care of yourselves, and each other.

 Peace,
==========================
At the bottom there were links to Red Cross and Red Crescent, along with a plea
for blood donations. The message board was indeed down, but they say:
====================
The official RATM message board has been temporarily closed.

 We thank Infopop for their generosity during the past year. Unfortunately some
news agencies have reported
 INCORRECTLY that Infopop pulled the hosting due to "anti-American posts" which
is simply not true. Infopop pulled
 the message board due to arising difficulties they faced when governmental
authorities contacted them regarding
 VIOLENT THREATS that appeared on the BBS. RATM nor Infopop would never support
threats of violence, and we
 here at RATM.com fully understand and agree with Infopop's decision to release
themselves from this huge liability
 of hosting the bbs.
The rest of the site was still up and running with the regular tour info, etc.

p.s. although I own a copy of "The Battle of Los Angeles" ..I tried, but I just
don't like their music.

--
Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology