Re: [dvd-discuss] Adobe ElcomSoft FAQ

On 09/04/01 at 15:14, 'twas brillig and Tim Neu scrobe:

> Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:14:12 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Tim Neu <tneu@visi.com>
> To: "'dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu'" <dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu>
> Subject: [dvd-discuss] Adobe ElcomSoft FAQ
>

> Well,
>
> Somebody had to do it.
>
> http://www.visi.com/~tneu/adobefaq.html
>
> A draft of a rebuttal of Adobe's ElcomSoft FAQ.
>
> I know I will need to do some HTML cleanup (especially all of the adobe
> URLs) and a spellcheck.  I'm primarily interested in making sure
> everything I've said is legally sound.
>
> I'll post it to the nationwide Sklyarov list after I've had some feedback
> on it.

Tim -
	I'm on my honeymoon, so I don't have time to respond more
fully to your excellent beginning -- I'm sneaking internet time as it
is in order to keep abreast of dvd-d -- but anyone who tries to read
the referenced page with a CSS-enabled browser will get redirected to
a 404 for some nonexistent style sheet. (possibly copied from Adobe?)
Prune any reference to *.css in the source. (meanwhile, others who've
experienced this and would like to read the document should
temporarily disable CSS (cascading style sheets) in their browsers.)

	cheers,

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * olc@cs.umass.edu * UNIX; postmaster, news, web; SGI martyr *
CS Computing Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/> for public key

perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'