Re: [dvd-discuss] Skylarov indicted for trafficing and conspiracy.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 02:37:00PM +0100, Steve Hosgood wrote:
> > Not as far as I am aware....
>
> What, so the US govt. can arbitrarily arrest a foreign national(*), chuck him
> in jail, drag him in chains from one state to another, deprive him of
> all accepted 'rights' and after all *that* if a judge chucks the case out
> of the window they can just say "oops, sorry" and expect not to get sued
> for at least a million bucks(**) by their victim?

I remember during the OJ Simpson case one of the lawyer commentators on TV
was asked if he would be compensated for the time he spent in prison if
acquitted. The answer was basically "no".

--
http://sites.inka.de/risctaker/DeCSS/

Knowledge is power - beware those who seek to hoard it.