[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] did everyone already see this?
- To: DVD- DISCUSS <dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu>
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] did everyone already see this?
- From: Dan Steinberg <synthesis(at)videotron.ca>
- Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 17:52:18 -0400
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624
COURT DENIES DMCA CLAIM BETWEEN GARAGE DOOR OPENER RIVALS
A federal court has denied in part a motion for summary
judgement against a company accused of making compatible
garage door openers in violation of the DMCA. The
Chamberlain Group sued its competitor in January 2003 with a
claim that the opener violated a DMCA ban on trafficking in
circumvention devices. The court rejected the claim and
noted its appreciation for an amici brief that argued that
Chamberlain's interpretation of the DMCA would stifle
innovation and increase consumer prices. Case name is
Chamberlain Group v. Skylink Technologies.
SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology
35, du Ravin phone: (613) 794-5356
Chelsea, Quebec fax: (819) 827-4398
J9B 1N1 e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org