Re: [dvd-discuss] Fraud, Ferpa and the RIAA

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-pirate22aug22,1,255212.story?coll=la-home-todays-times

The above article has the following quote in it, which makes the article seem
to me to be almost a paid advertisement
for the "thought police:"

"But John G. Malcolm, deputy assitant attorney general for the Justice
Department's criminal division,
said money wasn't motivating the groups as much as the thrill of the chase.

Malcolm added that cases like Shumaker's would send a message to people who
think piracy is risk-free
fun:  "You  are going to end up with serious jail time."

If there ever was proof that the U.S. Criminal justice system is for sale to
the highest bidder,
this is it.   The title of the article is "Man pleads guilty to web music
bootlegging."

I thought bootlegging was selling a controlled substance.  Hmm...  I wonder
if the company that
owns the LA Times is also vested in the large media outlets...  something
tells me that Times/Mirror
may have bought the LA times recently, if my memory serves me.  I wonder who
owns Trubune, CO.?

Regards,

Glendon Gross
Anti-DMCA advocate