Re: [dvd-discuss] Gedanken Experiment -Unix and Norton

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> I do believe there are several standing patents on naturally occurring
> chemicals, genes, and even whole plants.

That's very odd.  What about the prior art... by nature.  Then again
most of us would argue that a LASER would be patentable and they exist
in nature.  I can see patenting a refining process but for naturally
occurring chemicals I don't see how one meets the "novel" or "original"
criteria.

.002