Re: [dvd-discuss] W32.Klez.H infection on of our group member's PC

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, D. C. Sessions wrote:
> On Thursday 03 July 2003 14:07, Marcia Wilbur wrote:
> # I can offer you:
> # Debian, Mandrake or (in some cases) Dead Rat.
>
> You should check out Gentoo.

This isn't the place for this kind of discussion, naturally... so I'll go
ahead and throw in my two bits.

If you're going to build from source, build from the maintainer's source
and build everything from scratch.  If you're going to use a packaged
distribution, use one that is Free, complete, and stable (i.e. Debian).

Personally, I put Debian on servers and build workstations (for my own
use) from scratch.

But DAMN will I be happy when we have a truly Free Software kernel and I
don't have to use Linux anymore.  (Does anyone really believe that linked
binary modules IMPROVES anything and isn't just a manifestation of Linus'
amorality?)

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin