[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [dvd-discuss] W32.Klez.H infection on of our group member's PC
- To: dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
- Subject: Re: [dvd-discuss] W32.Klez.H infection on of our group member's PC
- From: Glendon Gross <gross(at)xinetd.com>
- Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:48:08 -0700
- Organization: Xinetd Communications
- References: <NABBIJFEIMBFLLCPONHIOEHPNGAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)eon.law.harvard.edu
This is one reason I prefer not to use Windows on the machine on which I
e-mail. Reading mail from a UNIX machine is much more secure. Such a
seems to reduce the number of unwanted commercial solicitations, since
can run with system-wide permissions.
> juergen + barbara wrote:
> please do update and run AntiVirus scanners on a frequent basis!
> since this virus also fakes the sender of the infectious emails, I
> urge anybody to look into their email address book and see whether
> they have an entry shown below as "Sender". Then, most likely, some
> serious AntiVirus update and scan appears to be in order!
> This Virus has been first reported over a year ago!
> (More info at http://symantec.com/AVcenter/.)
> Sender: jon <email@example.com>
> Recipient: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: [dvd-discuss] Look,my beautiful girl friend