[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dvd-discuss] Antitrust Liability for DRM vendors
- To: "DVD Discuss" <dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu>
- Subject: [dvd-discuss] Antitrust Liability for DRM vendors
- From: "John Zulauf" <johnzu(at)ia.nsc.com>
- Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:24:26 -0700
- Reply-to: dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
- Sender: owner-dvd-discuss(at)cyber.law.harvard.edu
that argues that one risks antitrust liability for going along with the
copyright holders in any arrangement which over steps the bounds of
As several of us are in the tech/silicon industry, this liability should
probably be considered by our various corporations. I certainly doubt
being a DVD-CCA licensee indemnifies one from antitrust liability
(regardless of what Judge Kaplan's old firm opined).
IANAL, TWAL (those who are lawyers) care to comment? Something a tech
company should actually take CYA step regarding?