Re: [dvd-discuss] clean flicks and moral rights

Actually, I wasn't arguing with Arnold's point as much as expressing my wonderment that anyone would want to see a film that has been so heavily edited. I have always considered "Friday the 13th" series to be obscene (as one promo I remember "Thirteen of the most grisly murders..." = reveling in the mutilation of the human body). So why watch it even heavily edited?

But That's a good point What is the harm here? Or ....what are the LEGAL damages here? Monetarily, there are none since they are compensated for the work and also the scope is so small as to be insignificant.

As for Moral rights? Copyright is not about moral rights but legal ones. Primarily those rights are economic in nature....The copyright owners expect *US* to pay for their court time to recover $0.00 damages?

Joshua Stratton <cpt@gryphon.auspice.net>

01/23/2003 12:23 PM
Please respond to dvd-discuss