RE: [dvd-discuss] Postage Meters and the "Right to Tinker"

I'm not so sure still ... the keystone of your
argument seems to be that I have been given a
gift of the installer, but not TurboTax itself.

TurboTax _is_ on the CD, and it is therefore
materially part of the gift.

Also, consider this recasting of the pieces:
the installer isn't an application in and of
itself ... it is the DRM controlling access to
the work (TurboTax).

All I am talking about is bypassing the
DRM (the installer) to access the work (TurboTax)
which I own (having recieved it as a gift) . . .

186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW!