Re: [dvd-discuss] Postage Meters and the "Right to Tinker"

Isn't the so-called "stamp" a printed version of an authorization
string? And isn't that authorization string obtained over the phone
line? If so, I would think that the difference is that one would have to
commit wire fraud to obtain a valid string. I suppose that one could
guess the stamp number, and print it with any printer. That would be
similar to generating a credit card number.

mickeym