Re: [dvd-discuss] Power play

Here's another subtle power play. Artech publishes and reprints many technical
books. One of their books that I have at work has a copyright of 1980. I put a
request at Powells Books in Oregon for it. Several months later it came in and
I ordered it. The book was published in 1965 by Wiley. Reprinting it in 1980
does not extend the copyright from 1965 ...now all of this is moot under the
reforms of the last 30 yrs of course...I'm getting old enough that I suppose
that the creators of those "reforms" would consider this a triumph.