Re: [dvd-discuss] A TPM without use limitations -- thoughts?

On 11 Nov 2002 at 0:18, John Schulien wrote:

Date sent:      	Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:18:35 -0600
From:           	John Schulien <schulien@speakeasy.net>
To:             	dvd-discuss@eon.law.harvard.edu
Subject:        	[dvd-discuss] A TPM without use limitations -- thoughts?

> Having read the original article that started this thread, it appears to me that
> what they are talking about is not adding any sort of identifying information at
> all, but devising an algorithm to make an acoustic "fingerprint" of existing,
> unmodified songs.  In other words, this "fingerprint" isn't something that is
> added to a song -- it is a digital summary of the song -- used for recognizing a
> song.
>
> It isn't a DRM measure at all.

No but with all the downloading they'll have to do, weekly, daily, or hourly
(depending upon their level of paranoia) it almost is a DoS attack as they
police the networks to protect the flowers of intellectual property from the
evil wicked mean and nasty hackers that want to rape, pillage and plunder...etc
etc.